Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Malaysia Today

When I was overseas, it was easy to access the Malaysia Today website. So I couldn't understand what all the fuss was about the blocking of Malaysia Today.  Then I came home, and I found that the site is indeed blocked.  So it seems that the government is able to block anyone in Malaysia from accessing the blog.  This can only mean that the local ISPs have complied with the government's order to block access to Malaysia Today!

But technology being technology, the government is fighting a losing battle in attempting to block access.  All I needed to do was to google Malaysia Today and quickly found the new address for the Malaysia Today website.  Along the way, there was even another Malaysia Today website called Malaysiatoday.com claiming to be up since 1998.  But anyway to access the real Malaysia Today, please see the following which I copied from the Malaysia Today website:

ALERT

Malaysia Today is being blocked by Malaysian government. To access use the addresshttp://mt.m2day.org/2008/    You can check the site status at http://m2day.org/ or google for "Malaysia Today ".

No comments: